Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fatherhood...

I have done some reflecting this past week because there have been some couples who have welcomed children into this world and it has made me sentimental to the days of my children being born.
Nick, my oldest, came into the world in December of 1998. He had to spend his first Christmas in the hospital. He actually had a rough go the first six months of his life. He came down with the flu and spent Valentines Day in a hospital room, he ended up coughing up a hernia and having surgery to do whatever you do with a hernia.
Corri, she was born a little less than a month after 9-11 and I was in the middle of student teaching. She was born with sparse red hair and an attitude to match. She was also the first girl born into our family in a long while. My dad had a brother, I was the youngest of three boys, and John my brother had four boys (my oldest brother Dave never had children). SO when I called my mother around 1:10 am and told her we had a girl it was call for a real celebration in the Dragstrem household.
Wyatt is my only "tarheel" he was born on July 27, 2004. I was about to sit down to lunch at work when I got a call from my sister-in-law, Lois, who told me they were taking Jule to the hospital. Needless to say I left early from work that day. (I actually missed a staff meeting that day THANK YOU WYATT) through the years I have experienced heartache and joy through each of these precious gifts God has blessed Jule and I with.
From broken bones to ballgames. From seizures to Disney World trips. From thunderstorms that scared to hugs and kisses that heal. Thank you God for being the ultimate father to each of us and for your Son our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment